The AE3000 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone from Audio-Technica is a large-diaphragm side-address microphone designed for capturing instruments rich in transient response. Guitar cabinets, drums, and percussion signals are accurately reproduced without noise and distortion.
The capsule features a cardioid polar pattern which effectively minimizes noise at the off-axis sections of the capsule, providing high gain-before-feedback response and minimal ambient noise. A high-pass filter switch eliminates noise below 80 Hz and a -10 dB pad increases headroom when capturing signals at close proximity or at high levels. The microphone is powered by an external 11 to 52V phantom power source.
– Suitable for high-SPL applications
– The large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an accurate and open sound
– Low-profile side-address design with a tapered grille allows for optimal positioning of the element in conjunction with your sound source
– Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
– Durable design for dependability on the road
– Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and -10 dB pad