The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility.
This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems. The AT4040’s low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
– Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
– Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
– Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
– Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
– Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
– Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
– State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
– Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
– Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad