Designed for recording studios, gaming, home theaters and more, the Fluid Audio F8S active subwoofer delivers exceptional bass response in a compact footprint.
Many types of music benefit from bass extension – from Hip-Hop, to House, to Rock. Being able to hear your mix with this bass extension is critical to accurately creating your music. The F8S subwoofer allows you to hear every detail down to 30Hz – and in a compact size.
Mix Engineers want the confidence to know that their mixes translate well on all types of systems. That is why we included a standby footswitch. With a click of the included foot pedal, you can turn the bass on or off, and audition your mix with bass extension and without.
The F8S also has two built-in EQ settings that allow for two different settings – depending on your music: A more conventional Flat response, as well as a “Punch” setting that is perfect for Dance or other mid-bass heavy music.
For further flexibility, the F8S has a variable phase adjustment to fine tune the phase for optimal matching to your L/R monitors (0-180° ), a variable low pass crossover filter control (50-200Hz) and a 80Hz high pass filter (used with foot switch) for satellite connections.
– 200 Watts of class D power with switching power supply
– 8-inch composite paper cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
– Active subwoofer
– Front baffle Fader volume control
– Bass-reflex vent port on front baffle for ease of placement
– Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
– XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs and RCA inputs
– XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced outputs
– Variable lowpass filter control: 50Hz-200Hz
– Variable Phase control: 0 – 180°
– Switch for both “Flat” and “Punchy” settings
– 80 Hz highpass filter(with foot switch) for satellite connections
– Included footswitch allows you to turn F8S on and off for auditioning with bass and without
– frequency response: 30-200Hz
– total amplifier power: 200 watts
– signal-to noise: > 100dB (typical A-weighted)
– polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
– input impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
– input sensitivity: 85mV pink noise input produces 97dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
– power: factory programmed for either 100-120V ~60Hz, 220-240V ~50Hz
– protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external main fuse
– cabinet: vinyl-laminated, high acoustic efficient MDF
– size: 13.4” x 10” x 10.5”, 340 x 254 x 270mm
– Weight: 18.7 lbs / 8.5 kg