Offering the signature, high-end sound the company is known for, as well as the possibility of outputting digital signal over modern networking platforms, the Focusrite Pro ISA 828 MkII is an eight-channel microphone preamp with mic, line, and instrument connections. This MkII version offers an updated power supply, which provides more efficient power consumption at lower temperatures. Also, the ISA 828 MkII is compatible with Dante networks, should you load it with the separately available ISA ADN8 card.
The preamp makes use of a Lundahl LL1538 input transformer to give you the sound of the original classic Focusrite preamps. Just press the ISA 110 switch to activate that vintage sound. The microphone input stage provides a variable impedance circuit. The gain range is a very healthy 80 dB, making the unit suitable for use with low-output dynamic and ribbon microphones.
Channels one through four include DI inputs that feature high- and low-impedance options, delivering a comprehensive and accessible DI solution for electric guitars and basses. Pair the device with the separately available ISA ADN8, and you’ll have a great front end, one that works equally well in studios and complicated live-sound settings.
– Eight-channel microphone preamp featuring original ISA transformer-based preamps
– Each channel can accept either microphone or line input
– Channels 1 through 4 also accept instrument inputs for guitars and basses, or vintage synthesizers with high impedance outputs
– Microphone input can deliver up to 80dB of gain, particularly useful when working with very low output dynamic and ribbon microphones
– Phantom power, ISA 110, and phase switches provided on each input
– High-pass filter on each channel provides a 75 Hz corner frequency with 18 dB/octave roll-off
– Variable microphone impedance
– Six-LED input meter per channel
– Separately available eight-channel analog-to-digital converter card provides eight channels A/D conversion over Dante, ADAT, or AES3, at sample rates and resolutions up to 192 kHz / 24-bit
– Includes Brainworx bx_console Focusrite, a plug-in that faithfully captures the sound, feel, and style of the original Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules