Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a desk-friendly and easy-to-use format for panel podcasters, producers, and small bands who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 18×8 USB audio/MIDI interface lets artists and content creators score pro-level tone with no learning curve.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the four improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics, pads to prevent distortion on loud input signals, and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite’s legendary ISA preamplifier.
The first two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs are software-switchable to allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass or from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs, while combo inputs 3-4 can handle signal from mic or line sources. The rear panel sports four additional fixed-level 1/4″ inputs to accommodate more line-level sources such as the outputs of external mic preamps.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. With four balanced 1/4″ monitor outputs, dual 1/4″ stereo headphone jacks, and independent volume control of the two headphone outputs and the main/alt speaker outs, the Scarlett 18i8 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems or outboard effects processors.
The virtual loopback function on the Scarlett 18i8 empowers podcasters with an easy mix-minus setup for taking calls without the caller being distracted by a delayed audio return signal. Also, traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module. S/PDIF stereo digital I/O jacks are also present, should you need to hook up outboard AD/DA converters or other digital gear. Route an external A/D converter into the ADAT optical input to record up to eight more channels of audio. You can even utilize your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to wirelessly control the Scarlett 18i8.
CONTROL YOUR FOCUSRITE INTERFACE – FROM YOUR MAC®, PC OR IOS DEVICE
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with user-friendly control software Focusrite Control.
– Control output levels
– Control software playback levels and panning
– Control hardware input levels and panning
– Control mute and dim
– View input and output metering
– Control preamp features available on your connected Focusrite interface
– Approve devices for control
– High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
– 4 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
– Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
– 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
– 8 line inputs, 4 balanced analog line outputs
– ADAT optical input, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI I/O
– Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
– Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
– Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
– Virtual loopback makes podcasting, live streaming, and sampling easy
– Speaker switching technology for dual-monitor setups
– Dual headphone outputs with independent level controls
– 12V DC power supply required (included)
– Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
– Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
– Included software bundle
– Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective
– 3-year warranty
Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
Form Factor: Desktop
Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 8
Number of Preamps: 4
Phantom Power: Yes
A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4″ (line)
Analog Outputs: 4 x 1/4″ (line out)
Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x Optical
Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
Headphones: 2 x 1/4″
MIDI I/O: In/Out
USB: 1 x Type USB-C
Software: Ableton Live Lite, Pro Tools First Creative Pack, Red Plug-in Suite, Focusrite Collective access
OS Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.12 or later
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later (Scarlett), Windows 10 v1809 or later (Pro Tools First)
Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)