Expand your system’s recording capability with the Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre, a slim 1 RU rackmount device laden with eight Scarlett microphone preamps and onboard high-resolution AD converters—a perfect addition to any home/project studio, live sound mixing console, or mobile recording rig that has available ADAT digital inputs or unused analog line inputs.
All eight XLR-1/4″ combo inputs can accept mic- or line-level signal, and the front-panel input jacks can also accommodate the 1/4″ outputs of instruments, letting you plug a guitar or a bass straight into the Scarlett OctoPre. Pads on every channel allow you to capture the sound of high-level sound sources such as drums and cranked guitar amps, and 48V phantom power can be instantiated in two 4-channel banks to run condenser microphones and active DI boxes.
These features, combined with the wordclock sync I/O and 5-segment LED metering, render the unit quite suitable for use in the studio. But that’s only one of its intended uses: the Scarlett OctoPre also operates well in live sound environments, providing eight additional preamps for the stage, all feeding their respective line outputs, so they can feed a multitude of mixers, consoles, and PAs. You can even route the line outputs to a console while simultaneously recording digitally via the ADAT outputs. As with other items in the Scarlett series, the OctoPre ships with included software, giving you access to the Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 plug-ins, as well as the Softube Time and Tone Bundle.
– 8-channel mic/line preamp expansion with ADAT output
– 8 x 2nd-generation Scarlett mic/line pres,
– 8 line outputs, fed from mic preamps
– Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA for high-resolution audio
– ADAT outputs (8 channels at up to 48kHz, 4 channels at 96kHz, 2 channels at 192kHz)
– Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs engineered with generous headroom
– 5-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
– 48-volt phantom power available across all inputs (switchable: 1-4, 5-8)
– Word clock I/O
– Includes Focusrite Red 2 & 3 plug-in suite and Softube Time & Tone bundle
– 3-year warranty
Preamp Type: Solid State
Number of Channels: 8
Phantom Power: Yes
Sample Rate: Up to 192kHz
Bit Depth: 24-bit
Analog Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4″ combo
Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4″
Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
Clock I/O: In/Out
Rack Spaces: 1U
Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
Weight: 7.1 lbs.