The MTP-740-CM employs a 1″ studio capsule for a natural and well-balanced sound. Its ultra-thin, gold-layered diaphragm delivers first-class studio quality sound and the unique suspension technology provides a high degree of shock resistance and effectively minimizes structure-borne noise.
True studio technology in a handheld body
The MTP-740-CM puts studio performance in your hands: the large diaphragm capsule captures your voice with a high level of detail, clearly and authentically. It uses the same technology as our pristine studio microphones.
Studio technology on stage
By using the same technology as our studio microphones, the MTP-740-CM boasts a huge dynamic range of 138 dB (A). With only 14 dB (A) of self-noise, you can use the MTP-740-CM not only on stage but also in the studio.
Low-cut and pre-attenuation
Remove the mesh, and you’ll find switches to activate a pre-attenuation pad of -10 dB for loud sources, as well as a low-cut at 80 Hz to reduce structure-borne noise.
Cardioid polar pattern
The cardioid polar pattern picks up sound coming mainly from the front of the microphone, sound from directly behind the MTP-740-CM is dampened effectively. Because the pattern is very consistent, it’s hard to find a mic with better rear-rejection.
– 1″ true condenser handheld microphone
– Studio technology on stage
– Low-cut and pre-attenuation
– Cardioid polar pattern
– Incl. mic clip, windscreen, transport bag
– Frequency range: 20 … 20,000 Hz
– Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa, -41 dBV/Pa
– Self-noise: 14 dB (A)
– Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 152dBSPL
– Dynamic range: 138 dB (A)
– Low-cut: 80 Hz (6 dB/oct)
– Pre-attenuation: -10 dB
– Polar pattern: Cardioid
– Included: Mic clip, windscreen, transport bag, transport case
– Microphone dimensions: 51 dia. x 183 mm, 2 dia. x 7.2 in
– Microphone net weight: 332 g, 11.71 oz
– MTP 740 CM – 1″ true condenser handheld microphone
– DTP 40 Lb – Cushioned mic bag
– DTP 40 MCs – Microphone clip
– MTP 50 Cx – Transport case