PRO SERIES DL155
DL155 is a 2U 19″ fixed-configuration rack I/O unit with 8 mic/line level inputs, 8 line level outputs and an 8 channel digital AES3 (AES/EBU) interface, and delivers legendary MIDAS sound quality utilising our time-tested and road-proven technologies. Featuring award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifiers with 2.5 dB analogue gain steps and two AES50 network ports providing dual redundancy, the DL155 is the ideal partner to all MIDAS PRO and M32 Series digital consoles, enabling a digital snake connection from Front of House to stage.
Award-Winning Midas Microphone Preamplifier
The MIDAS microphone preamplifier is considered by leading live sound and recording engineers to be the very essence of the famous MIDAS sound. More than 40 years of design experience paired with the finest choice of premium-grade components lead to the acclaimed warmth and depth – bringing out subtle ambience, maintaining spatial positioning and more effectively capturing a precise sound image. The acclaimed sound of the award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifier has inspired generations of live sound engineers to their best work, creating sonic panoramas that have captivated audiences worldwide.
Since pristine sound always begins with the microphone preamplifier, the first point where the signal enters the console, DL155 features the latest generation of MIDAS microphone preamplifiers, which faithfully reproduce every sonic detail so no part of a performance will ever be missed. Transparent and pristine sound, low noise and high common-mode rejection are all hallmarks of this classic design.
Over the years many mix engineers have found this robust and overload-tolerant design takes on a whole new dimension of sound when driven hard, the crystal-clear audiophile reproduction giving way to just the right combination of harmonics, a warm and organic sound heard by millions of concert goers and recorded for posterity on countless live albums over the years.
Digital Audio Networking
SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) digital audio networking technology from KLARK TEKNIK simultaneously provides high channel counts, ultra low and deterministic latencies, sample-synchronous and phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection and correction, network redundancy, and ease of deployment and use – to meet the demanding requirements of live concert touring.
DL155 is compatible with all MIDAS digital consoles and audio system engines, as well as with any other AES50-equipped devices.
– 8 award-winning Midas microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
– 8 AES3 (AES/EBU) digital inputs and outputs
– 8 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
– Remote operation up to 100 m via CAT5/5e cable
– Selectable 96 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate operation
– All settings programmable from front panel controls or console
– PSU status indicator LEDs and configuration LCD display on front panel
– Supports dual redundant AES50 networks
– Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 network ports
– Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
– Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
– 10-Year Warranty Program*
– Designed and engineered in the U.K.