The 61-note Novation SL MkIII is an advanced MIDI and CV keyboard controller with an integrated 8-track sequencer, designed to be the centerpiece in any creative software- or hardware-based studio.
The professional-quality keyboard offers a synth-style semi-weighted keybed with a sprung action, which is tuned to the needs of the experienced player. Additionally, the keyboard offers aftertouch, which is freely assignable to anything. The remarkably high scan rate (10 kHz) gives the keys a super dynamic feel for expressive performances, while the interface provides visual feedback for scales, modes, and zones instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LEDs. The SL MkIII’s velocity-sensitive RGB pads offer polyphonic aftertouch and can be used for a variety of purposes including launching clips, inputting steps in the sequencer, or finger drumming performances.
The internal 8-track sequencer allows you to input notes step-by-step, or record as you go. Play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard, then record parameter automation straight onto the sequencer, bringing your productions to life. You can choose an arpeggio type, set a sync rate, tweak note and pattern lengths, and use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
Sound Collective is a community hub that brings you, Novation and the most innovative software brands together.
If you want to find great virtual instruments and effects, keeping up to date with the constant stream of new releases is essential, and Sound Collective makes it easy, with regular free software downloads and generous discounts on high-end plug-ins.
Helping you find your new sound
Music making is all about the journey, and we’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why we’ve created the Sound Collective.
Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers we admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers. All you have to do is register your Novation gear, and one offer will be featured in your Novation account every couple of months.
To join Sound Collective, go to novationmusic.com/register/product.
– 61-key keyboard controller
– Expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed
– 10kHz scan rate supplies a super-dynamic feel
– Aftertouch can be assigned to any parameter you’d like
– On-key RGB LED feedback allows you to see scales, modes, and zones instantly
– Internal 8-track, pattern-based sequencer
– Built-in arpeggiator and selectable velocity curves
– Velocity-sensitive RGB pads with polyphonic aftertouch
– Backlit pitch and modulation wheels
– Customizable mappings for both your hardware and software
– Comprehensive hardware connectivity including MIDI In, Out, and Out 2/Thru; Analog Clock Out; and 2 sets of CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs
– Deep integration with Ableton, Logic, and Reason
– HUI compatibility with Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One, and REAPER
– 3-year warranty
– Type: Keyboard Controller
– Number of Keys: 61
– Type of Keys: Semi-weighted
– Velocity Sensitive: Yes
– Aftertouch: Yes
– Pads: 16 x RGB Backlit Pads
– Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
– Encoders/Pots: 8 x Continuous Rotary Knobs
– Faders: 8
– Dedicated Transport Control: Yes
– Sequencer: 64 Sessions, 8 Tracks per Session, 8 Patterns per Track, Unquantized Recording, Micro-step Editing
– Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ (expression), 1 x 1/4″ (sustain), 1 x 1/4″ (footswitch)
– MIDI I/O: In, Out, Out2/Thru, USB
– USB: 1 x Type B
– Other I/O: 1 x Clock out, 2 x CV out, 2 x Mod out, 2 x Gate out
– Computer Connectivity: USB
– Software: Ableton Live Lite, 4GB Loopmaster Sounds and Samples
– OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later
– OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
– Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
– Height: 3.93″
– Width: 38.62″
– Depth: 11.81″
– UPC: 815301001072