Simple, reliable, and portable
Whether you are a musician, producer, or podcaster on a tight budget, the AudioBox USB® 96 audio interface is for you! This simple, handy little audio/MIDI interface has just the right features for basic recording needs, allowing you to plug in and start recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz audio right away. Bus-powered and built to travel, the AudioBox USB 96 makes recording easy.
Just the right size
The AudioBox USB 96 audio interface’s two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel
Here is a mobile audio interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it’s USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
World-class recording software included
While the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for PreSonus’ Studio One® Artist DAW, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
– Value-packed 2-channel USB 2.0 interface for personal and portable recording
– Records at up to 24-bit/96kHz professional-standard digital resolution
– Dual preamplifiers with combo inputs let you record microphone- and instrument-level audio
– Onboard +48-volt phantom power accommodates studio condenser microphones
– Internal analog mixer lets you blend direct input and playback signal for latency-free monitoring
– Mobile-friendly USB bus power means there’s no need to carry an additional power supply
– Compatible with nearly any recording software on Mac or Windows operating systems
– Includes PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW software and over 6GB of third-party content
– Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of awesome plug-in emulations of classic studio gear by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
Type: USB Interface
Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
Form Factor: Portable, Desktop
Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
Number of Preamps: 2
Phantom Power: Yes
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/instrument)
Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (main out)
Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
USB: 1 x Type B
Software: Studio One Artist (included)
OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11 or later, Intel Core i3 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or later, Intel Core i3 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended
Bus Powered: Yes
Power Supply: USB bus powered
Weight: 1.3 lbs.