The BlueTube DP v2 from PreSonus is a two-channel microphone/instrument preamplifier with “Dual Path” technology that delivers the best of both worlds. It offers a solid state preamplifier stage and a tube preamplifier stage in each channel, delivering either fat, warm tube tone, or solid state transparency. When the Tube Drive is clicked off, the tube preamplifier stage is bypassed delivering ultra-quiet pre-amplification. When it’s engaged, the signal flows through the tube preamp providing anything from gentle warmth to edgy distortion.
The solid-state path feeds the company’s Class A XMAX microphone preamp with 80 dB of variable gain, while the tube path features a 12AX7 tube that operates on higher voltages than comparable models, producing lots of headroom. Each channel of the unit includes a -20dB pad, phase reverse, 80 Hz filter, and +48 V phantom power. Controls include a solid state GAIN control and switchable on/off Tube Drive. The front panel includes illuminated analog VU meters for each channel for easy visual monitoring.
The preamp is great for enhancing all types of microphones including condensers, dynamics and ribbons, as well as instruments including keyboards, acoustic and electric guitars and bass. It also serves as a DI box, thanks to balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4″ outputs. Singer-songwriters can run their vocals through one channel and a guitar through the other, feeding both to a PA system. Housed in a rugged half-rack enclosure, the preamp can be used as a desktop unit, or can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray.
– A value-packed 2-channel preamp that lets you dial in a huge range of tone
– XMAX Class A solid-state preamps give you clean and clear sound
– Parallel 12AX7-driven tube preamps lets you blend in tube saturation to warm up your tone
– Switchable 48V phantom power provides compatibility with any kind of microphone
– Concentric hi-Z instrument inputs on both channels allow you to directly plug in your guitar or bass
– 80Hz highpass filters let you roll off troublesome low frequencies
– 20dB pads accommodates extra hot sound sources, signal levels, and active pickups
– Polarity-reverse switch lets you fix phase issues at the source
– Backlit VU meters with LED clip indicators make it easy to keep an eye on your levels
– Rugged rackmountable 1/2U chassis is also perfect for tabletop use
Preamp Type: Tube/Solid State
Number of Channels: 2
Phantom Power: Yes (Switchable for each channel)
Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR combo (XLR-DI combination)
Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4 TS
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
Rack Spaces: Half