The Faderport 8 from PreSonus is an eight-channel mix production controller, featuring eight 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized faders and eight digital scribble-strip displays. The Session Navigator makes mixing and controlling your favorite DAW fast and easy with compatibility for virtually any DAW host for Mac OS X or Windows.
Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion: Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 65 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
– 8 touch-sensitive, 100mm long-throw, motorized faders
– 8 high-definition scribble-strip displays
– Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
– Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event
– General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On/Off with tap tempo
– Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Channel Banking, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
– Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
– Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
– Optional Fader functionality: Plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
– OS X / Windows-compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
– Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop
– USB 2.0 connectivity
Type: DAW controller
Faders: 8 x 100mm, motorized
Transport Controls: Yes
Computer Connectivity: USB
USB: 1 x Type B
Other I/O: 1 x 1/4″ (footswitch)
Software: Studio One Artist
Compatibility: Mackie Control, HUI, native control of Studio One
Hardware Requirements – Mac: Intel Core i3 or higher
Hardware Requirements – PC: Intel Core i3 or higher
OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.8.5 or later
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 64-bit or later
Power: 12V DC power supply
Weight: 5 lbs.