The Speed of Sound
With a barely measurable round-trip latency of less than 1 ms*, it’s no wonder Sound on Sound magazine dubbed Quantum-series Thunderbolt™ audio interfaces the “fastest audio interfaces on the planet.” Superb high-definition digital conversion and the ultra-transparent analog XMAX mic preamp design mean that your audio will always sound its best—whether you’re recording with or without your favorite plug-ins engaged in real-time.
Every design decision during Quantum 2626 audio interface’s engineering was made with one goal in mind: blazing-fast speed without any sonic compromise. The Quantum-series proprietary Thunderbolt driver was written from the ground up to deliver ultra-low-latency performance while maximizing efficiency. Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 115 dB of dynamic range and superior low-jitter clocking—coupled with our ultra-transparent, pure analog XMAX preamps—result in superb audio quality with the lowest round-trip latency of any audio interface available (< 1 ms*).
*192 kHz, 64 sample buffer in Studio One 4.5 on a MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 running macOS 10.12.5
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and transparent preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum 2626 audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 115 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our lauded XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
Impressive speed combined with stunning sound quality means that the Quantum Thunderbolt audio interface is an ideal recording solution for any size of studio. Need more mic preamps? Connect the PreSonus DigiMax DP88 to your Quantum interface’s ADAT/dual S/MUX ports. Once synced, the DigiMax DP88 preamps can be remotely controlled via Studio One or UC Surface. Want to insert your favorite gear? The Quantum 2626 features two direct preamp outputs with dedicated returns, so you can insert your favorite analog compressor and your favorite plug-ins with ease.
The Quantum leap
Industry-leading speed and pristine audio quality combined with jaw-dropping expandability are the hallmarks of the Quantum interface design. Record and monitor from your favorite DAW with any plug-in engaged. Insert your favorite outboard analog gear with ease. Regardless of your studio’s size, Quantum audio interfaces will streamline your recording process—you’ll make better music, faster.
– Impressive 26-in/26-out audio interface in a 1U chassis
– Thunderbolt 3 connectivity delivers round-trip latency of less than 1ms.
– 6 combo mic/line inputs with Class A XMAX preamps
– 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with XMAX preamps for recording direct guitar, bass, keys, and more
– DC-coupled I/O captures a fuller frequency range, especially in the lower frequency ranges
– 2 line returns allow straightforward integration of external hardware and effects into your digital recording and mixing environment
– Expand your system with 2 sets of ADAT I/O for enough channels to comfortably track entire bands at once
– 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
– Includes Studio One Artist DAW software for macOS and Windows
– Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of awesome plug-ins by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
– Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3
– Form Factor: Rackmount
– Simultaneous I/O: 26 x 26
– A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
– Number of Preamps: 8 x mic, 2 x instrument
– Phantom Power: Channels 1-4, 5-8
– Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/Hi-Z), 6 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 2 x 1/4" (return)
– Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS (DC coupled), 2 x 1/4" (main L/R), 2 x 1/4" (preamp out)
– Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT/SMUX), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
– Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT/SMUX), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
– Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
– Thunderbolt: 1 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)
– MIDI I/O: In/Out
– Clock I/O: In/Out
– Software: Studio One Artist, Studio Magic Plug-in Suite
– OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later, 64-bit
– OS Requirements – PC: Windows 10 or later, 64-bit
– Rack Spaces: 1U
– Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)