The RØDE Lavalier is a discreet lapel microphone that provides broadcast-quality audio when close-miked in almost any scenario.
The Lavalier’s low self-noise, user friendly omni-directional polar pattern and minimal appearance make it an ideal solution for film, television, video, theatre, house of worship and anywhere where a high quality microphone needs to be heard but not seen.
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m (4′) shielded, Kevlar® reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested up to 10kg to ensure reliable performance.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, and the included cable management clips ensure that you are able to minimise the microphone and cable visibility, while providing maximum mobility for the wearer.
The supplied anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, cable, clips and included accessories.
Knowing that versatility is paramount in any product, RØDE has developed the MiCon™ connector system which provides seamless integration between the Lavalier and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
The RØDE Lavalier lapel microphone is designed and made in Australia and is covered by RØDE Microphones’ innovative 5 year ‘no questions asked’ warranty which provides 12 months of complete cover, and an optional US$99 replacement microphone during the extended warranty period.
– Discreet, low-noise lavalier microphone
– MiCon terminator allows for easy adaptation to any XLR or any bodypack transmitter
– Requires MiCon adapter (sold separately)
– Pickup pattern: Omnidirectional
– Capsule: Permanently polarized condenser
– Power: 2V-48V
– Frequency range: 60Hz-18kHz
– Output impedance: 3 kohms (typical)
– Signal noise ratio: 69dB
– Maximum SPL: 110dB
– Weight: .035 oz
– Dimensions: .18″ x .18″ x .47″
– Includes a water-resistant pop filter, a mini-furry (small-scale dead-cat-style windsock), an anti-trauma, water-resistant case, and a 5-year warranty
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Omni
Frequency Response: 60Hz-18kHz
Max SPL: 110dB SPL
Signal to Noise Ratio: 69dB
Self Noise: 25dB (A weighted)
Output Impedance: 3000 ohms
Connector: Rode MiCon
Cable Length: 4 ft.
Weight: .002 lb.