The RØDECaster Pro™ is designed to simplify podcast production whilst delivering superb audio quality. It supports up to four presenters, as well as offering easy connection to phone, USB and Bluetooth™ sources. Eight programmable pads offer instant playback of sound effects and jingles. Podcasts can be recorded directly to microSD™ card, or to a computer via USB. Ease of use is assured, with intuitive controls and large full-colour touchscreen.
Connect and Hit Record
The RØDECaster Pro makes professional podcasting easy. It features four high-quality XLR microphone inputs and four headphone outputs, and with intuitive controls, automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card or computer, you can literally be making a podcast within minutes of taking it out of the box.
Craft Your Sound
The RØDECaster Pro features eight programmable sound effects pads for instant triggering of sound effects, music, intro and outros, or ads rolls. You can record direct to a pad from any of the RØDECaster Pro’s inputs or simply assign audio from your computer. Each pad is highly customisable, with options for playback mode, colour-coding, and more, and you can store up to eight banks of sounds – 64 in total!
Have a remote guest you want to chat to? Recording a podcast with your crew at a distance? Simply connect your phone to the RØDECaster Pro via Bluetooth™ or with a TRRS cable. The RØDECaster Pro even provides “mix-minus” audio to prevent echo being heard by the caller (without the need for complicated external hardware). Remote interviews never sounded so good!
Sound like a million dollars
Class A Servo-biased Preamps
The RØDECaster Pro’s pristine preamps and outputs feature Class A circuitry, as you’d find in the world’s best broadcast recording consoles. The Class A servo-biased preamps provide a clean gain structure with very low levels of distortion, delivering incredibly clear, low-noise signal, while the high-quality headphone outputs ensure you hear you and your guests in full definition. Broadcast-pure audio.
Powerful Effects Processing
To give your podcast that polished, professional sound, the RØDECaster Pro gives you access to a host of effects and multistage processing options. These include a compressor, de-esser, high-pass filter, noise gate and ducking, all easily accessible via the LED touchscreen.
APHEX® On board
Take your sound to the next level with the RØDECaster Pro’s on-board APHEX processing. The legendary APHEX Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ can be accessed with the touch of a button, giving your podcasts that rich, warm broadcast tone only found in professional studios (until now).
– Mic Inputs: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -3dB at 20 Hz (high-pass filter)
– Monitor Outputs: 20 Hz – 20 kHz better than ±0.5dB
– Input Impedance; 600Ω (Mic Preamplifiers)
– Equivalent Noise; –125dBA (A-Weighted, measured as per IEC651)
– Maximum Output Level; +3dBu (Monitor Outputs)
– Headphone Output Power; Max output power at 1% THD: 32Ω –> 220mW | 300Ω –> 31mW
– Dynamic Range; 100 dBA (Mic Preamplifiers)
– Gain Range; 0dB – 55dB (Mic Preamplifiers)
– Power Requirements; External DC power supply 12 – 15v DC, 1A
– Output Connection; USB-C, 1/4” Balanced TRS STEREO (Monitor Outputs)
– Computer Connectivity; USB
– Bit Depth; 24-Bit
– Sample Rates; 48 kHz
– Storage; microSD™ card slot, 512MB internal memory for storing sounds for programmable pads
– OS Requirements; macOS 10.11, Windows 10