The DR-701D is TASCAM’s flagship recorder for single-shooter video production.
A timecode generator is included for location reference, which can be jam synced from a SMPTE generator, camera, or smart slate. The HDMI in and out allows a DSLR camera to start recording on both devices, and video clock prevents drift between sound and picture.
Four mic inputs can be individually recorded and mixed to a stereo track, for a total of six-track recording. For additional tracks, multiple units can be cascaded together. The lightweight yet rigid chassis is forged from a magnesium alloy. Tripod mounts on the top and bottom of the unit allow the unit to mount under a camera, attach to a follow-focus cage, or used stand-alone.
Designed for the needs of professional filmmakers, television producers, advertisers, and documentarians, the DR-701D packs high quality multitrack recording into a package compact enough for use with any camera.
– SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used for recording media.
– 6 maximum simultaneous recording tracks
– MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST and DUAL2MIX recording modes
– Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1/48/96/192kHz (WAV/BWF) (192kHz only for two-track recording)
– Built-in original TASCAM HDDA mic preamps provide high audio quality
– Input levels can be adjusted separately for each track
– XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and 24/48V phantom power
– Clock and record start/stop can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI port
– DR-701D audio signal can be output to an external camera or recorder from the HDMI OUT or line output
– Cascade function using HDMI connections allows multiple DR-701D transport and monitoring operations
– SMPTE Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector to add recording start times to files
– Timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input
– Plug-in power mics and high output mics (EXT IN 1/2) supported
– DR-701D OUT (CAMERA OUT) connector can output audio mixed by the DR-701D to a DSLR camera
– DR-701D IN (CAMERA IN) connector enables monitoring the sound from a DSLR camera through the DR-701D
– High quality audio output through a line output jack separate from the headphones jack
– Headphones jack with 50mW+50mW maximum output
– Tripod attachment threads (bottom), camera screw attachment that can be installed or removed with a coin (top) and shoe mount (top) included
– Handles on the left and right sides of the front protect the control surface and also enable attachment of a shoulder strap
– Transport and SLATE buttons made of rubber suppress noise during operation
– HOLD switch prevents misoperation
– 128×64-dot graphic LCD with backlight
– LED lights have high visibility even in direct sunlight
– High-speed transfer of files to computers possible using USB 2.0
– Micro-B type USB cable included
– Powered by 4 AA batteries, USB bus power or a PS-P515U AC adapter (sold separately)
– BP-6AA external battery pack (sold separately) enables operation for even longer times
– Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wireless remote control can be connected (both sold separately)
– Built-in mixer enables pan and level adjustments as well as solo monitoring and can output a mix of 4 channels
– GANG function allows the levels of multiple channels to be controlled simultaneously
– Individual channel trim settings shown
– 5-position low-cut filter (50/80/120/180/220 Hz) cuts unwanted low frequencies
– Multi-band limiter automatically adjusts input overloads (stereo-linking possible with 1/L and 2/R)
– Delay function can compensate for distances between mics (+/-150 ms)
– Mid-side decoder function enables use with mid-side stereo mics
– Slate tone insertion functions (AUTO/MANUAL)
– Slate tone insertion points can be selected (recording start or recording start and stop when slate AUTO function used)