Designed for the location sound recordist, the F-Control from Zoom is a mixing control surface designed for the F8n, F8, F6, and F4 multitrack field recorders. It creates a complete and professional audio rig that offers a broad spectrum of creative possibilities with complete control over sound design and mixing.
The interface provides nine 60mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons, and a dedicated timecode button.
Additional controls include Track Scene Edit buttons which provide shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take. The unit connects to the F8/F4 recorder via USB for a seamless and uncluttered setup, while an additional USB port lets you connect an external keyboard to quickly enter metadata while out in the field. An included 1/4″ stereo cable connects the F8/F4 phone out to F-Control’s phone in, so you can monitor audio via F-Control’s headphone jack.
The durable metal chassis is robust enough to go anywhere, and yet small and light enough to fit into gear bags and backpacks. The F-Control can be powered by an optional DC power supply or via the included four AA batteries. Additionally, the unit can be USB-powered when using the F4 (not available with the F8). The F-Control ships with a stereo audio cable and a USB cable.
– Mixing control surface for Zoom F8 and F4 Multitrack Field Recorders
– Take command with 9 60mm faders and transport buttons
– Enjoy tactile control over trim, pan, and track arming
– Monitor your levels with easy-to-read 12-segment LED meters
– Track Scene edit buttons for metadata entry
– Connect an external computer keyboard for fast entry of information
– 3 user-programmable buttons and a dedicated time code button for streamlining your workflow
– Connects to your F8 or F4 with a single USB cable for a clutter-free setup
– 1/4″ headphone output for easy monitoring
– Small and light enough to fit into your gear bag or backpack
– 4 AA batteries provide enough power for up to 10 hours of operation
– Can also be powered by a 4-pin Hirose connector and external battery pack or bus power (F4 only)
– Durable metal chassis is purpose-built for on-location recording
Type: Mix surface for F8 and F4 recorders
Faders: 9 x 60mm
Transport Controls: Yes
Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ (headphone in from F series)
Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (headphones)
USB: 2 x Type A (keyboard, F series)
Power: 4 x AA batteries / 4-pin Hirose connector external power supply / USB (through F4 only)
Weight: 2.1 lbs.