Ideal for documentaries, podcasting, audio for video, and professional sound design, the Zoom H5 portable handheld recorder lets you quickly record up to four input signals regardless of your audio experience. With a swappable stereo microphone capsule, versatile 2-channel inputs, and up to 4-track recording, the H5 is both user-friendly and easily expandable.
Like other H-Series Handy recorders such as the H4n Pro and H6, you can hold it in your hand, attach it to a mic stand or tripod, or mount it to a camera (shoe mount available separately); the H5 packs an impressive array of features into a rugged, rubberized body that’s more than ready to meet the varied demands of musicians, videographers, sound designers, content creators, and news shooters.
From the plentiful battery life to the powerful audio processing functions, the H5 is well equipped to handle anything from tracking live performances and podcasts to recording interviews, dialogue, and sound effects. It can supply phantom or plug-in power for condenser mics, or accept direct connections from synths, keyboards, drum machines, or +4 dB line-level mixers. No matter the source, selectable auto-recording and pre-recording ensure that you’ll never miss the start of a take, and stereo safety track recording provides duplicate tracks at a lower level to avoid distortion.
– A versatile 4-in/2-out mobile recording system
– 2 XLR/TRS combination inputs with microphone preamps and phantom power (+12/+24/+48V) accommodate most analog connections
– Modular input connection lets you attach onboard microphones and additional input jacks
– Gain knobs for each input make setting levels fast and easy
– Shockmounted XYH-5 XY stereo microphone module included
– Captures audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz professional-grade resolution
– Doubles as a handy USB recording interface with your Mac, Windows PC, or iPad (via Apple Camera Connection Kit)
– Large LCD display makes navigation and setup extremely easy
– Built-in processing includes highpass filtering, compression, limiting, and M-S stereo width decoding
– Loop playback, variable playback speed (from 50% to 150%), and variable pitch per track make this an excellent practice tool
– Chromatic tuner and metronome built in for added convenience
– Records onto SD and SDHC storage media with up to 32GB capacity
– Record for up to 15 hours on just 2 AA batteries
– Includes operation manual, 2 AA batteries, USB cable, foam windscreen, Wavelab LE software, and carrying case
– Optional shotgun mic, input expansion module, and hot shoe mount accessory also available
Audio Interface: Yes (via USB)
A/D Resolution: 16-bit/44.1 kHz, 24-bit/96kHz
Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 4
Simultaneous Play Tracks: 4
Built-in Mic(s): XYH-5 X/Y mic
Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo, 1 x 1/8″
Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/8″
Headphones: 1 x 1/8″
Built-in Speaker: Yes
Memory (removable): SD/SDHC Card Slot (up to 32GB)
Effects: Compression, Limiting, Low-cut filter, Metronome, Tuner, Playback Looping, Pitch Change, Variable Playback Speed
Power Supply: AA battery, AC, USB bus power
Battery Life: Over 15 hours
Stand Mountable: Yes (Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter)
Weight: 0.59 lbs.